If anyone is interested in coaching our boys or girls flag football team, please contact Allister Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you
Information From Colonel Gray..
It is that time of year again … registration for Grade 10 is on the horizon. Some of your students may be interested in the IB DP at Colonel Gray as their path to graduation. If so, I very strongly encourage both student and parent attendance at an IB Information Meeting to be held on Monday, March 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the Colonel Gray Lecture Theatre. Information about the IBDP will provided, and a Question and Answer session held. Additionally, important application procedures and time lines will be discussed.
Please note an important change for this year’s registration process: It is our intention to have the pre-IB class decided before students register for grade 10 in mid-April so that on registration day, they know what classes they should choose. Students will not be able to register for pre-IB courses on registration day unless they have gone through the application process. More information will be provided to parents/students at the information session.
Badminton tryouts for all grades will begin this Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00 PM. Attendance will be optional on Thursday as the tournament won’t start until next week.
Next week (week of Feb 29th to March 4th) the schedule will go as follows.
Grade 7 boys and girls will tryout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3 to 5 PM.
Grade 8 and 9 boys and girls will tryout Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 3 to 5 PM
Only students who have handed in signed permission forms can attend tryouts.
Please see Mr MacNeill if you have any questions.
See below for details on the gr 9 trip assignment.
Grade 9 Ottawa/Québec Trip Assignment
As you travel to two of the most historic places in Canada, you will participate in many different events and see a number of different things.
As we travel and do the various activities, you need to gather items (artifacts) that are significant to you as a reminder of the activity. These can be pictures, postcards, ticket stubs, brochures, etc.
Create a scrapbook of memories. Dedicate one page per activity. The activities must include:
• Tour of Ottawa
• Visit to Parliament Buildings
• Skating on the Rideau Canal
• Senators Hockey Game
• Museum of Nature
• Museum of History
• Canada War Museum
• Ste Anne de Beaupre, Montmorency Falls and Old Quebec
• Tubing at Valcartier Vacation Village
• Dog Sledding
• Feel free to add extra items such as the bus ride, your visits to the shopping malls, or even your hotel stay.
• Do not use photos, etc from the internet. The artifacts are ones that you gather as you go. Bring a large envelope to put your artifacts in. You may even wish to bring a small notebook so that you can write up your articles as you go.
• If you wish, you can do a video scrapbook. Be sure to include all of the activities, and the information listed below.
On each page, the following information must be included:
• The artifact(s)
• A description of the activity
• What you learned/discovered/enjoyed/found interesting about the activity
• Your scrapbook must have a title page as well, indicating a title, the travel dates, your name and your class.
• Make your scrapbook interesting – use multiple artifacts, additional photos, etc. Not only will this book be marked, but it will also serve as a great memory book for the future.
This will be marked by the chaperones and added to your L.A./health mark, and you can also use part of it to add to your health portfolio.
Due Date: March 7th, 2016
Jaime Griffin of Women’s Network PEI will lead a session on healthy relationships.
There will be time for conversation and handouts will be available. Susana Rutherford and colleagues as well
as recent Holland College nursing graduations will present sessions including: anxiety and coping.
Parents will receive a “toolbox” of positive coping strategies for them and their child. The
sessions will be held at Birchwood Intermediate on February 23 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM.
There will be an information meeting for parents of current grade 6 students who are considering entering the Late French Immersion program. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 3 at 7:00 pm in our cafeteria.
QC students, parents, staff, and our learning community can vote for our own Julia Jette-Bovaird http://www.piano2016.strutta.com
click on view entries top right – then click on page 10 – Select Julia’s name and video – watch video and when you are ready click on vote for this entry. Good Luck Julia!